Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Calm Before the Storm








Jeff and I are cooking our very first Thanksgiving dinner together on Thursday. Above are the 627 pounds of groceries we bought yesterday and a 13-pound turkey from Staubitz, our butcher down the street.

The menu:

turkey (J)
pot roast (J)
cornbread (S)
cranberry sauce (S)
brussels sprouts (J)
bean salad (J)
sweet potatoes w/marshmallows (My mom -- I loooove her sweet potatoes, mostly for the blanket of slightly burnt marshmallows blanketing the top. She used to let me help her mash together the yams and the pineapple when I was little.)
stuffing (J)

apple crumble (S)
chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (S)

Back tomorrow and Thursday with recipes, pictures, and results!

2 comments:

noodle said...

gabe: jeff's cooking everything?

noodle: yeah, basically.

jk jk! you're totally helping!

you two are the cutest. i'm sure it will be great!!! can't wait to see pics.

noodle said...

bring on the storm!!!!!!!!!